Mother ease is a proud Canadian cloth nappy manufacturer dedicated to providing parents with the most modern, convenient and leak-free cloth nappy solutions on the market. Founded in 1991 by Erika Froese, you will find no cloth nappy more easy to use, comfortable for your little one and 100% leak-free than a Mother ease cloth nappy.
Mother ease nappies differ from other cloth nappy brands for a variety of reasons:
- Wick Resistant Nylon Binding – all of our nappy covers are edged with a nylon binding that will not wick moisture to the outside of the cover
- Full Coverage Absorbency – all of our nappy systems are designed with a full coverage absorbent insert or fitted nappy that fully contains your little one’s poop
- Fully Elasticized Inner and Outer – all of our nappies and nappy covers have fully elasticized waist and leg openings to contain all the mess so you don’t deal with leaks or blow-outs
- Separate Absorbent Inner from Waterproof Cover – even our AIO nappy is designed so that only the front and back of the absorbent inner is attached to the waterproof cover. This allows for easy washing and drying
- No Prepping Needed – Mother ease fabrics are specially knit to ensure that your nappy comes ready to absorb even your heaviest of wetter without the need to wash upwards of 5 times before use
New to cloth nappies? Unsure where to start?
We have created a guide to cloth nappies that explains the 5 different cloth nappy styles on the market and outlines the pros and cons of each style. We understand that there is so much information online that it can make cloth nappies seem daunting, so take a look at our guide here and make an educated decision on which nappy system will work best with your family and start using cloth nappies successfully from the start.
At Mother ease we pride ourselves on our custom knit fabrics. All of our fabrics move wetness quickly, in order to obtain the highest absorbency, and release soil, making them easier to launder.
Stay Dry Polyester – high tech fabric specially knit to quickly wick away wetness! Very effective leaving baby’s skin dry to the touch. Lightweight, prevents nappy rash, reduces staining and rinses easily.
Cotton Terry – specially knit with only cotton touching your baby’s delicate skin, polyester is sewn into the base of the fabric to provide strength, durability and shrinkage control which lengthens the lifespan of the fabric.
Bamboo Terry – specially knit with 70% bamboo, 30% cotton touching your baby’s delicate skin. Polyester is sewn into the base of the fabric to provide strength, durability and shrinkage control which lengthens the lifespan of the fabric.
100% Organic Cotton Terry – knit from 100% organic cotton and meets Global Organic Textile Standards. Ring spun, combed cotton yarn ensures a top quality grade of cotton. No polyester core sewn into the base for added durability.
Washing your cloth nappies is not as hard as it has been made out to seem.
Ultimately, you want to use HOT water and a good quality, commercially available brand of detergent that has good cleaning strength. No boutique brand detergents or homemade remedies.
Wash in full loads to ensure proper agitation and you can machine or line dry your nappies.